Thursday, 2 July 2015

Welcome Matisse and Goodbye Bob

I have had an incredibly happy and sad week.  At the beginning of the week we had the joy of our first grand child Matisse








and the heart bracking sadness of Bob dying suddenly yesterday.

For those of you who did not know Bob he became my constant companion when I came home from hospital after brain surgery.  He was always on my shoulder or into mischief. 

He would hide in the quilts I was making, put buttons in my cup of coffee and harass my husband for his breakfast.  His favourite was toast and jam.  He would hide down my shirt and grab my knitting needles causing stitches to fall off.  He sat on the shower rose while I showered and rubbed his head against my cheek when sitting on my shoulder . Run pigeon-toed along the bench to pinch cornflakes from our bowl.  Magazines were not safe he would chew them while you were reading and put the paper into his feathers to make a nest.  Bob was with me when I started my blog, sitting on my shoulder head butting me for attention. He would climb into my hand for a head rub if I was typing too long. We had a special bond and I will miss him.  It will be a while until I blog again. Here are photos of some of his antics.






Cheers to you all and happy blogging

9 comments:

  1. Life can be such a roller coaster we can have trouble catching our breath sometimes. Many blessings and congratulations on the birth of your beautiful grandchild and heartfelt condolences on the sudden loss of your faithful companion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations of your beautiful new grandchild--how wonderful for you! You must miss your little friend, Bob. I hope you will remember all the fun you had with your companion...and that those memories will warm your heart....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your thoughts Patrica. Matisse is beautiful and a ray of sunshine
    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about Bob but you have a new love now.... MATISSE...enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how very sad...I have been enjoying seeing Bob on your blog. At the same time...what excitement with your little Matisse. She is very cute.
    Also started reading a bit further down that you are behind the Aussie Destash group...had no idea.
    When you are back in action on the blog, I may need to ask you some questions, i.e. Don't quite understand how payment works. But that can wait...
    Take care...Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karin than you for comment. I am a bit biased and think Matisse is beautiful. There are two destash groups. One allows retail sellers and the one I started is for quilters only. Payment depends on the person who is selling. Some prefer to have the money deposited into their bank account and others use PayPal. If you don't have paypal you may want to look into it. Just contact the seller via private message and they will tell you the details of how to pay Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  6. So sorry about you dear little Bob. I really enjoyed seeing that cheeky bird helping you out. But, now you have a new little one in your life which might go some way to fill the gap. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pauline, my condolences on the loss of Bob. I lost my own sweet kitty almost a year ago, and still miss her tremendously. But, God has a plan and moves in very mysterious ways. He has taken Bob for a greater purpose and given you Matisse to love and cherish in his place. Best wishes to all..Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are valued and I look forward to reading them.