Saturday, 24 January 2015

Sewing Room Renovations

While I have been out of action the Reverse Quilter took the time to replace the floor in my sewing room.  Yes the house  had new carpets when we purchased it but every day use has highlighted the damaged floorboards under the new carpet.  

The renovations gave us a day out, the nearest big hardware store is 2 hours away. We travelled through the beautiful Brisbane hinterland through Malaney, visited Morayfield and ended up in Coloundra.  Perhaps not  the most direct route but certainly a lovely drive.  We managed to get all we needed at Bunnings and moved everything out of my sewing room into the kitchen and other rooms.  ( Christmas lunch was eaten from trays on our laps)

The reverse Quilter painted and replace the flooring, I helped to drill in screws while sitting on a desk chair and managed not to hurt my knee.  I think the end result are well worth the disruption to my kitchen and having to dodge computers, sewing machines and other craft bits to cook Christmas lunch.




I wanted new curtains but the only fabric I had was intended for the guest room.  This is what I came up with.  I think it looks OK and suits a sewing room.






I think hubby has done a great job. 


10 comments:

  1. Looks great well done to both on you !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am happy with the end result
      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  2. How is your knee. Are you now back to sewing in your new room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo the knee is getting there and yes I am back in the sewing room. I have manage to do some sewing but can't sit with the knee bent for too long. Baby steps for now.
      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  3. He has! And your curtain is a perfect use if vintage linens. I'm jealous of your large storage unit. That must help you keep organized. How is the knee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colleen the storage unit is great. I really pondered over the curtain and when I came across the tray cloths I thought they could be useful. The curtain does suit the room. The knee is like a quilt in progress, getting there lol
      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  4. Your hubby has done a wonderful job Pauline. I hope your knee is feeling better. My hubby had a knee op last year and he found it very restrictive for quite a while. Cheers, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous and bright sewing room you have! You said the only fabric you had was for the guest room. Surely you have more fabric that that? Us sewers usually have massive stash's! I have a modest stash, still building on it... you can never have too much. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Chris this response is a long time coming. I have lots of fabric but not much in the way of curtain fabric. My stash is always growing lol

      Delete
    2. hi Chris this response is a long time coming. I have lots of fabric but not much in the way of curtain fabric. My stash is always growing lol

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are valued and I look forward to reading them.