Saturday, 9 August 2014

Wow time to catch up



Wow it sure is time to catch up and today I am using the fine china.  Not because I love and collect  fine china,   because I am off to visit some special bloggers. 

Each time I write a post I am excited to read the comments left by other bloggers.  I have come to value their comments and there is a group of quilters who often  leave a lovely comment on my posts.  There comments keep me motivated and I enjoy visiting  their blogs to see what they are up to.

Sadly Glinda from glindaquilts.blogspot.com.au broke her shoulder three months ago and is currently having physiotherapy. I hope Glinda's shoulder recovers quickly.  Why not pop on over for a look at the lovely quilts cushions and bags Glinda has made.  I also love the photos of England.

Rosmary the Knitting Quilter knittingquilter.blogspot.com.au has completed her Basket Case quilt and it looks stunning. Rosemary used 2.5 inch strips joined together to make the binding.  There is more eye candy with an awesome Dresden Plate quilt almost finished. I love the backing fabric.

Glady from Glady's Gab gladysgab.blogspot.com.au has been to a musical in Amish country and to a Farmers Market in Kent. If you visit Glady don't forget to look at the quilts in her July post Barn Quilts and July QBee day.

Over at City Krafters the is a completed organiser ( now that's what I need) and a beautiful lap quilt to admire citykrafters.blogspot.com.au

Mina at Kinda Quilty  kindaquilty.blogspot.com.au has joined the "Purge" for a regular link up.  Mina is using up her pink fabrics and is creating some exciting things.

Julierose has a new machine or is that a new vintage machine.  Why not pop over and find out  julierosequilts.blogspot.com.au

There are two verses in the Quilters Oath that resonates with me and I would like to share them with you 

I will try never to feel guilty about my stash or my UFO's they are part of the mystique as every quilter knows.

Above all I will embrace the joys that quilting imparts of  friendship, fun and sharing. That cheers and fills our hearts.

The author is unknown.  I think I need to feel a little guilty or I would only ever have UFO's lol


11 comments:

  1. Hi Pauline--thanks for mentioning my bloggy doings in your post! I also really enjoy reading everyone's comments and encouraging words...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome, I love making a cup and visiting to find out what is happening. I feel like I have had a trip around the world.lol
      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  2. Hello Pauline, greetings from Wales today! A very WET Wales - perfect weather for a cuppa ... I love bone china too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glinda hope your arm is feeling better. I loved your photos. Many years ago I was lucky enough to visit the UK (hubby was born there) and I am in awe if how beautiful it is. Hope your arm heals quickly and look forward to more of your lovely creations
      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  3. Hi...love you little cuppa time! Saw it before but then got sidetracked into something else, I reckon. It is so nice that you make mention of other blogs (belated thank you for mentioning me in June) and virtually send people around on a little blog hop. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H Karin you are welcome. I really love my cuppa times, I find it exciting to see what everyone is doing.
      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  4. Hi Pauline,
    Thank you for the mention love your cuppa time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Cuppa Time is a great way to kick start the day and some mornings I am a little slow
      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  5. Pauline, I just saw this! Thank you so much for mentioning my blog! So nice of you! I'm enjoying a cup of tea with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosemary glad you are enjoying your tea. I love visiting your blog there is always something interesting to read about.
      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  6. Hello Pauline, Love your fine china rose cup and saucer, it's beautiful. Many thanks for featuring my blog on "Little House on the Hill." I feel honored! I am also encouraged by comments from other bloggers. It's so fun to be part of a "world wide" quilting community and be able to visit friends that live thousands of miles away and have a "cuppa" with them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are valued and I look forward to reading them.