Monday, 8 April 2013

I am Soooooo Excited



I never wish the time away but today I am.  I got a phone call yesterday to say the quilting of "Temples of Luck" is finished and it will arrive by courier on Wednesday.  I am soooooo excited the time can't go fast enough.

We had a little drama along the way. You know if you have an ABI (Acquired Brain Injury) like me you measure 10 times and cut once and still get it wrong.   I somehow managed to make the back of the quilt too short, yes  tooo short.  I thought I had made it 3" bigger than the front lol.

After a bit of discussion Christine was able to make it all better in the end.  Thank you Christine

I send my quilts to Christine Kellette from http://kangaquilting.com for professional quilting.

  Christine dose both edge to edge and custom quilting and will also: 
  • attach rod pockets
  • baste your quilt for you to quilt yourself
  • attach your binding and hand sew it down if you want
  • provide hints and tips along the way so we can make beautiful quilts 
On the Kanga Quilting website Christine has tips for attaching boarders, preparing your quilt for quilting and squaring your quilt back.  I know when I take my quilts to Christine they are handled carefully and that is important to me.


Oh well as the children say one more sleep.



14 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your temples quilt .
    Did you have a pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi no pattern this is another quilt I designed as I went along. I wanted to use some Kimono fabrics I had. The central background was designed on EQ6, I then used the kimono fabrics for the good luck symbools. I added Temple gates and a bonsi tree. I am waiting for the weather to clear before I take a photo. Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  2. I love knowing I have some squishy parcels coming but I hate waiting for them to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it! Hope you post a nice picture when you get it back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosemary I wanted to take a photo the day it arrived. But now I am waiting for the rain to stop. Hopefully the light will be better

      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  4. Anxious to see that Temples quilt, Pauline! I NEVER get the measuring right either (ROTFLOL)! My latest "mess" is up on my wall suffering with " too short strip-itis"! Am working around it--So what--it's mine own, warts and all. Hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julierose
      Thanks it is so frustrating but like you said its ours warts and all

      cheers Pauline

      Delete
  5. Excited for you, Pauline - it's wonderful to have something fabby to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing it completed. I'm glad your longarmer could fix your math error for you. Sounds like she is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colleen
      Christine is a gem we always have a good chat and a giggle when we chat on the phone.

      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  7. OOh, show-and-tell please :-)
    Happy weekend,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gilly
      As they say "watch this space" lol. It has been raining since the day the quilt arrived and I want to take some outside photos

      Cheers Pauline

      Delete
  8. Hi Pauline--I somehow missed your Teapot runner..???? I am planning on making a similar runner for my BF ...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie Rose

      It is still in progress. Hoping to finish it this weekend

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are valued and I look forward to reading them.