Monday, 8 April 2013

Esk Quilt Show & Apatchy Quilting

Photo by Kaye Sauer www.apatchyquilting.com.au


On Saturday the "Reverse Quilter" (hubby who does all my unpicking) drove me to Esk, a small country town 2 hours drive from Nanango for the  annual Quilt Show. We stopped at the Rectory Cafe for a yummy meal of lasange and salad, followed by a walk around the markets and then the main event. There were some truly inspiring quilts to gaze at, two vintage quilts, one a double wedding ring made from a variety of fabrics and the other diamonds on point made in 1963. There were several Oriental style quilts, beautiful turned applique quilts, modern quilts and hand quilted quilts.  By the time we came home my mind was brimming with ideas.  Sadly I did not win the raffle quilt.


I think these owls would look good on my wall
Of course I forgot my camera!!!!  Kay Suaer kindly let me use some photos from her blog.  It was nice to meet Kaye from www.apatchyquilting.com.au  When a friend needed some more fabric to finish one of her quilts last year we googled the name of the fabric and Kaye's website came up. My friend contacted Kaye and received he fabric by mail within a coupe of days.  
 www.apatchyquilting.com.au has a large range of fabrics including Kaffe Fassett  and Debbie Mumm Classic Collection

Kaye had a stall at the show and I managed to get 4 fat 1/4's of  Batiks, I have a brown and a blue in my cupboard and the question is what to do with them?





3 comments:

  1. Your hubby does all your unpicking? He's definitely a keeper! Looks like you had a great time at the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill it was a nice day out. Hubby watches a lot of sport on the TV so I give him the unpicking and he does it while the golf or cricket is on. Must admit I do know how lucky I am lol

    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your hubby does your reverse stitching how lucky are you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are valued and I look forward to reading them.