Monday, 4 February 2013

CQJP 2013 February block


February Block

Surprise, Surprise  I am on time with my February block.  I have used fabrics from my scrap box but now I am a little unsure about all the floral.  As with my quilts I have a basic idea of what I want to do and then I improvise, no meticulous planning here. I have add extra embellishments to this block because I thought January's block was a little plain. More buttons, beads and embroidery.  Looking at the block the balance dose not seem right and I hoping when they are sewn together it will even out.


January Block



On to the March block wonder what I will do this month ???


12 comments:

  1. I love crazy quilts but have yet to attempt making one. I even have a shoebox mini-stash of special fabrics and trimmings to get me started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie thanks for visiting. I love the freedom of crazy quilting it is so relaxing.

      Delete
  2. I like your improvising, Pauline - I'm sure it will look absolutely gorgeous when it all comes together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Glinda I am thinking of useing a wide ric rac to cover the seams

      Delete
  3. Lovely block, Pauline! I like those Springtime colorways--we really could use some "Spring" right now. Too cold outside for sure. I like all that stitching on the turquoise fabric in your Jan. block, too. These are really pretty. Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julierose
      Than you for visiting and your comment
      The challenge is to make 12 blocks. I decided to make 4 blocks for each season. These are 2 of the Spring blocks. lol

      Delete
  4. You're using such pretty colors for CQJP 2013. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. Have fun with it! http://crazy4red.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you are using and they turned out so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow love the block and the colours.Really eye catching. Look forward to seeing your progress. :))))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. I had forgotten how much I enjoy embroidery and crazy quilting.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are valued and I look forward to reading them.